Scout visit SES Malvern
Scouts were treated to an inside view of the SES (State Emergency Service) at the SES Malvern depot on Wednesday, October 19th.
- Which months are the busiest for the SES.
- What is the SES phone number to call if there is an emergency not directly involving human life (BTW: it’s not 000).
- How the SES volunteers are trained.
- How long the waiting list is for volunteers to join the SES Malvern.
- How much they get paid.
- We even got to sit in their trucks and see some of their cool equipment they use at emergencies.
- and lots more….
If you want to know the answers to these then you better come along to our next visit. It was very interesting.
Josh Kanarek get the Unexpected Knowledge Award for knowing almost every name of every piece of equipment in the SES trucks. Super geeky and super amazing Josh.
Thank you to SES Malvern for taking the time to show our Scouts all the almost-invisible yet super-necessary work the SES do around us every day.
Oh, I will tell you one important fact: The direct number to call for SES is 132 500