Debbie Pastor achieves her Grey Wolf
It is with GREAT pleasure that I was present at last nights presentation to Debbie Pastor for achieving her Grey Wolf Badge. This is a pinnacle award in Cubs, meaning it’s the highest achievement a Cub can reach. We haven’t enjoyed a Grey Wolf since 2014. So we are all super happy that Debbie has succeeded in all the requirements to reach this final goal before she links (starts) from Cubs to Scouts this week.
Murray Taylor (Cub Scout Commissioner for Victoria) spoke at the presentation and stated that only 5% of Cubs strive and achieve this award each year in Australia. Allan Anderson Cub Scout (District Leader for Cub Scouts) detailed all the things Debbie completed to achieve this award. This included:
- She has learned the value of having a collection with her collectors badge
- How to answer coded questions with her codes and signals badge
- What to do when someone hurts themselves with her first aid badge
- Reinforced her knowledge of how to read with her literature badge
- She created pack resource. Debbie created a jungle book version of the game “top trumps” which will help future generations of cubs learn about the jungle book and who the characters are, especially when Debbie comes back to cubs as a leader in 10 or so years!!
- She also had to plan and lead a 2 hour hike which she completed in the Dandenongs.
Debbie also spoke at the end of the presentation and thanks her parents, siblings and also our wonderful Cub Leaders that supported her on this journey. Privately Debbie’s father Nathan confirmed to me what we already knew, “When Debbie sets her mind to something she always completes it”.
Roy Kaplan (District Commissioner for Glen Eira Stonnington) also spoke briefly to commend 10th Caulfield on achieving a quadrumvirate of pinnacle awards. Meaning, that in just the last year we are fortunate to have members successfully attaining four pinnacle awards in Cubs, Scouts, Venturers and Rovers. Amazing!!
Well Debbie, we are very fortunate to have you in our Group and know you will get the most out of the next chapter of your Scouting life when you start at Scouts this Thursday. We look forward to all your future news and achievements. Mazel Tov!